Everyone in these tough COVID times have pulse oximeter at home, people who don’t are looking to buy a good one. At this time, purchasing a good oximeter means spending at least Rs 2500, that is if you want to buy a good one from a renowned brand. Oximeters are readily available on various online platforms as well as offline stores across the country.
How to use pulse oximeter correctly
- First thing first, before testing the blood oxygen level, you must rest for 10-15 mins and take deep breathe. This will help in accurate measurement.
- You must rest a hand on the chest and hold still for a while
- Choose the right finger. Place the oximeter either on your middle or index finger. If you think the oximeter is showing random figures, change the hand and try again.
- You must keep the pulse oximeter in the same place till the reading is stable
Pulse oximeter buying guide: Check features and brand
- Register only the highest result once the reading has been stabilised. You need to wait for a few seconds for that
- Ensure to identify the reading carefully
- It is recommended to track your blood oxygen level atleast thrice a day. If there are signs of weakness or any COVID symptoms, check even more frequently
- Ensure to consult a medical professional in case of breathlessness or drop in blood oxygen level below 93 percent or less.
Tips to buy pulse Oximeter :-
- Check the type of oximeter. At homes, people usually buy pulse oximeter as it’s is readily available and at much affordable price tag.
- Check for accuracy, that’s important. It’s always better to go for a good relatively expensive oximeter and not the cheap ones.
- Check for certifications. This is extremely important for any health gadgets. but only the ones that offer certifications.
- Check features and brand. Always opt for a good brand.
Source : techiyogizShare: