GoAir is offering flight tickets starting at Rs. 1,892 under a limited-period scheme. GoAir is offering flight tickets starting from an all-inclusive Rs. 1,892 on a one way journey from Goa to Bengaluru, according to the airline’s website – goair.in. Other starting airfares offered under the scheme include Rs. 2,169 for flights from Hyderabad to Ahmedabad, and Rs. 2,417 on those from Mumbai to Nagpur, according to the GoAir website. Called “Low Fare Wednesday”, GoAir’s offer is applicable on select routes, connecting destinations including Bengaluru, Ahmedabad, Nagpur and Mumbai.
A search on the GoAir bookings portal on Wednesday showed tickets for a flight from Goa to Bengaluru later this month were available at Rs. 1,892.
Here are 10 things to know about GoAir’s Low Fare Wednesday offer:
1. All fares are applicable till June 15, 2018, according to the GoAir website.
2. Some other flights offered under the Low Fare Wednesday scheme start at Rs. 2,679 for a journey from Bengaluru to Mumbai, Rs. 2,754 for Delhi to Patna, and Rs. 2,796 for Pune to Nagpur.
3. GoAir time and again announces discounts under its ‘Low Fare Wednesday’ series of offers, which usually open for bookings on Wednesdays.
4. Fares are valid across select fare types, GoAir mentioned.
5. Flight ticket cancellation: GoAir said that a standard cancellation and rebooking policy is applicable on the scheme.
6. Without disclosing the total number of seats offered under the Low Fare Wednesday scheme, GoAir said: “Limited seats only.”
7. Group discounts are not applicable on the Low Fare Wednesday offer, the airline noted.
8. The offer is not applicable for infant booking, it said.
9. GoAir said it reserves the right to cancel, modify, substitute or alter any aspect of this offer “either partly or entirely, at its sole discretion without reason or prior notice”.
10. “Other terms and conditions and limitations of liability applicable as per ‘Citizen’s Charter’ displayed on www.GoAir.in,” the airline mentioned.
The Low Fare Wednesday offer from GoAir comes at a time of high competition among airlines operating in the Indian civil aviation market. Marked with robust growth registered in the past few months, domestic air passenger traffic rose 28.03 per cent in March, according to aviation regulator DGCA.
Rival airline Jet Airways has announced fares starting from Rs. 967 on select routes.These flights are part of the government’s regional connectivity scheme UDAN. Jet Airways had bagged four routes in the second round of bidding in January, in which a total of 325 routes were awarded to various operators.
Another rival airline AirAsia India is offering flight tickets starting at Rs. 1,399 under a limited-period discount scheme. Bookings under the ‘Mid Summer Sale’ – applicable on a travel period from May 14, 2018 to August 31, 2018 – are open till May 20.